Legacy Family Book
What is a legacy family book?
Whether you’ve been recording your life stories for years or just beginning your memoir writing journey, The Cheerful Word, your personal historian’s can help. You need not consider yourself a writer to experience the joy of writing the stories of your life with her one-on-one guidance as you honor and encourage yourself today and leave a legacy of inspiration.
You will find that committing to a self-imposed deadline, with the accountability of a professional partner in the writing process, helps you maintain the enthusiasm for the project to completion. Many have started—few have finished. Don’t leave this important work for your children and grandchildren to piece together when you’re gone. Take control of the way you want to be remembered.
More valuable than the finest car, latest technology or beautiful jewel is the gift of your life stories to yourself and your family.
Here’s what to expect
We help you:
• explore ideas around your memoir and see if we’re a good fit to work together before you make a commitment.
• create a schedule, including a first draft deadline, timeline and milestones.
• identify and refine a theme.
• identify a purpose, intended audience and initial topics to be included.
• organize any existing content.
• structure your memoir to be of greatest value to your readers.
• stay motivated to continue writing.
• apply writing tips that work best for you.
• identify your writing voice.
• prepare your work for publishing with editing tips:
• areas that need clarification or amplification.
• suggest ways to emphasize points or ideas.
• ensure quoted material is properly attributed.
• navigate the mental process of writing a long work
A single coaching session includes:
• a one-hour (1), one-on-one meeting in person, via telephone or online video meeting
• one hour (1) of editing and research based on your current needs and progress:
• read and make notes on up to 2500 words submitted at least two days prior to meeting.
• select writing tips with instructions customized to you as needed.
• suggest organization of existing material.
• supply you with examples and step-by-step instructions at required stages.
• as-needed email or telephone support to answer your questions and provide guidance in between scheduled one-on-one meetings.
To guide you to enjoy the writing process and complete a final draft of your book for publication by your desired deliverable date.
Requires a six-month commitment—most books take six to 12 months to come to fruition. Monthly rate range between $400-$1000 depending on the level of support, editing, and draft reviews required for an excellent product. Please call Sam Uhl, personal historian for current pricing at 828-595-9802 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.